Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Welcome to Android's newest developer site!

   This is one of a couple of sites I manage that feature the mobile OS Android. This one, however, focuses on my experiences developing apps in Java for the Android platform as well as any other types of Android related development topics that may arise. This is much more technical than my other site. Hope you enjoy your stay!

   My other site ChicagolAndroid is all about the latest android news, app reviews and basic usage discussion. Feel free to add that to your bookmarks too. Always a lot of useful information there as well.

  As my first post I'll start by describing AuroraQuest Software. We are a husband and wife run business devoted to making fun and usefull apps for Android as well as keeping these sites up for other people who are learning to develop or are interested in trying my applications. I am also interested in  working on team projects or custom freelance work so never be afraid to ask me for help or run an idea by me.

    I think it's very important to know about the people you deal with, so here is some back history on AuroraQuest Software:
    Coming from working as a self employed tattoo artist, my wife and I had to relocate and things slowed down on that front, I had been involved in computers my whole life, loved to build gaming systems and such and got my hands on a T-Mobile G1. I cannot describe the amazement I felt at learning how powerful that little device was but I knew that my time to learn to program was now, It was to be in the Java language and specifically Android, and my life's true calling had revealed itself to me.

    So a year and a half later here I am. My wife is a veterinary tech but is very supportive and helps pick up the slack on this side of things.

  Hope to see you all soon and if you haven't yet, try my very first published app Gift Helper in the Android Market! or if you can lend a bit of support try my ad-free/donate version  Gift Helper Pro! 

No comments:

Post a Comment